Switching to a new mobile phone is always exciting. Opening the box and turning on a phone for the first time to get a feel for new hardware and software never gets old. Many users are happy to set up their new smartphone from scratch and customise it differently than before. But even then, make sure that important data, such as photos and contacts, are transferred to the new phone. For many, letting all this important data and files go with the old phone can cause a lot of problems, so don’t let that happen.
In Axarfusión we care about you, that’s why, through this article we will guide you step by step to help you to know how to transfer data from one mobile to another whether you have a Xiaomi, a Samsung or an iPhone. Here we go!
How to transfer data from one mobile to another (Android)
You will most likely use the same Google account that you had on your old smartphone. The new version of Android 5.0 gives you the option to use your Google account to move data from your old phone to your new one. First we must make a backup copy of all the data you want to keep.
This is the easiest and most efficient method as it works with all applications and data. You won’t even know you’ve changed your mobile! The steps to follow are as follows:
On your old smartphone
- Open the Settings application.
- Go to the Accounts/Google option (depends on your device).
- Choose the data and options you want to keep.
- Once this is done, we go to the new Smartphone.
On your new smartphone
- Log in to your Google account.
- We synchronise the data.
- We choose the data we want to keep.
- Your new mobile phone is ready!
How to transfer data from one mobile to another (Iphone)
If you are a team Iphone you are going to have it much easier with the new update that includes the ”Quick launch”. Simply back up the data you want to keep and turn on your new iPhone. Here’s how:
- Connect your old and new device to a wifi network and turn on Bluetooth. Beware of internet outages (link to How to fix internet outages)!
- Make sure both devices are in close proximity.
- You will be presented with the Quickstart option. Press it (in case you don’t get it, reboot both devices).
- Choose the method by which you want to pass your data:
– If you do it from ICloud, the data will be transferred in the background and you will be able to use your new iPhone right away.
– If you do this from your old device, you will have to wait for the applications and data to download before you can use your new iPhone.
- Don’t forget to keep both Iphones close to each other and connected to an internet connection (link to internet connection types) until the data transfer process is complete.
As you can see, transferring data from one mobile to another is not as complicated as people think. The fun part comes when you have to log back in to most of your applications… unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do to help you with that.